Home Forums Sci Fi 15mm Sci-Fi Blade Runner 15mm Project

Viewing 21 posts - 81 through 101 (of 101 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I got some work done this week in anticipation for my colony board.  I wanted the domes to have a grubby soviet era look.  They are from Alternative Armies.  The cars are from Darkest Star Games and are pretty lovely.  Lots of fine details and interchangeable components.  I may add some hazard strips or lights.

Participant

Excellent work!

That is inspirational.

Participant

The cars look smashing! Well painted, glossy black glass and reflective light spots.

What are the two pointy “technical” things in the upper left corner? Are they from Alternate Armies or scratch-built? They make a nice bit of scatter terrain.

How do the dooms scale to the figures? They, the domes, appear small.

Participant

The cars came out really nicely!  I really need to release the one on the right (and it’s 2 unreleased buddies…)

That terrain is indeed good and foreboding.  really like the grimy-future look.

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Participant

Thanks!  The domes were really hard to paint.  I primed them twice which probably obscured some of the detail.  The domes are small.  Most of my terrain seems to run small anyways.  They would work for 10mm as well.

The crackling towers are from a local (Winnipeg) company called Legions IV Hire.  They are on the web.  They are actually designed for 6mm but looked a lot like moisture vaporators.  I wanted to paint more of the cars but I need some more spray paint.

Participant

Marvelous work on these domes and cars. The table looks rather small (2’x2′ maybe?), is this the usual size you play on?

Participant

Alright, enough time off for our detectives.

After learning our victim was probably murdered by some replicants, our detectives Ali and McCourt follow the clues to an off world colony in the Dara sector.  L-73 is known for its mining operations with minimal levels of oxygen.  Our suspect, Desiree Htoo is an ex partner of Sheldon Galang.  Some digging reveals that she and Sheldon have been smuggling replicants from outer lying mining regions and reprogramming their VIN numbers.  These replicants are smuggled back to Earth as probable dope runners and hired muscle.

Hoping to sneak up on Desiree (now the tech support and administrator of the colony).  The detectives charter a transport under falsified records.  They’ve have also brought some assistance as well, two elite officers with riot training.

As they approach the science wing of the colony, they clumsily trip the silent alarm.

The board

The firefight begins!  There are a large group of Nexus twos working in the facility.  In the firefight, one of the riot cops is killed.

McCourt goes after Desiree and chases her towards the cargo bay.  He meets up with some miners(Nexus 4s) who put up a terrific battle.  The riot cop is killed and McCourt takes a pretty nasty wound that halves his mobility and abilities.

He finally chases Desiree down and wounds her.  He is barely able to cuff her.

Ali works to clear out the rest of the miners who have barricaded themselves in the mess hall.  His blaster rifle is exceptionally deadly.

McCourt passes out due to stress and blood loss .

Ali is able to signal to the clean up crew in orbit for support. . .

Participant

Oh no, I hope McCourt doesn’t croak before help arrives.  That is a long way to go to get a collar on the perp and then expire…  Keep ’em coming please!

Participant

I also really enjoy these reports. I’m sure you mentioned it somewhere in the thread, but what rules are you using?

Participant

Confirmed. It is now only a matter of time before I start a 15mm RPG/skirmish ish figure collection.

Participant

Ouch, that’s going to leave a nasty scar, luckily the mission was a success.

Your reports are always such a treat. You even convinced me to pick up the PDF on DriveThru.

Read the whole thing from the start and the cliffhanger is too much.

You’ve sold me on using tiles for interiors and urban areas.

Participant

McCourt lies in a modern hospital room, lights blinking, machines whirring.  His partner Ali stops by after visiting hours.

“You’ve looked better.”

“No jokes kid.  I might lose some stitches.  I’ll be lucky to get out of here by the end of the month.”

“There will be a lot of paperwork when you get out.”

“And a hefty bounty.  The Tyrell corporation will have to pay for all our sins.  I imagine I’ll send my bonus to my Ex-wife off world.

“Have you seen the commercials? A Nexus 5 model is being released later this  year.  More human than human.”

“I’ll tell you what kid, the world is changing.  Once the toasters start thinking for themselves and carrying a heater, we’re all in for it.  In the old days, they never thought for themselves.

“Are you going to take an early retirement, a desk job maybe?  You’ve certainly earned it.”

“Not me, there is some new positions opening up in Los Angeles.  Maybe even off world.  I can still make a difference.  Someone has to train the rookies.  You handled yourself real well out there.  You never lost your head.  These new models scare me though.”

“Yah, me too.  What’s our next play? Do we go after the Yakuza?

“Not out jurisdiction kid.  We just look after the toasters.  Lt. Glencoe will be looking for a promotion after he cleans up this mess we got ourselves into.  Dirty cops, rogue machines.  What’s next?  It’s like the late 90’s all over again.”

“I should probably get going, I have to work early tomorrow.”

“Sure kid, I’ll see you around the station.  Take care of yourself.”

Ali made the long walk down the hall and out to the parkade.  He lit a cigarette under the glow of a neon hotel sign.  Somewhere above, he heard a blimp streak across the sky.  He never felt so tired in all his young life.

Participant

Very nice epilogue.

Ok, enough rest.  What’s next?  😀

Participant

I have really enjoyed this, thank you.

Participant

Maybe a return to my Star Wars roots?

Shadow Over Innsmouth?

Participant

A splendid epilogue to a great story.

Love to see a Shadow of Innsmouth campaign.

Participant

I’ll second the Shadow of Innsmouth.

Participant

A third vote for Shadows, though I wouldn’t mind seeing some more Blade Runner action as well!

<p style=”font-size: 16px !important; line-height: 20px !important;”>A third vote for Shadows, though I wouldn’t mind seeing some more Blade Runner action as well!

I’ll second that, this one eneded a little too suddenly.

Viewing 21 posts - 81 through 101 (of 101 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.