Home Forums Air and Sea Naval Decals…and I want the moon on a stick too.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Participant

1/3000 Kriegsmarine deck swastikas, and Italian barber poles.

Do such things exist?

Obvious contrarian and passive aggressive old prat, who is taken far too seriously by some and not seriously enough by others.

Participant

Got you half covered.

As for the really crazy part, what about a flag decal for a larger scale, which you then trim down? Or alternately, a small tail decal from an airplane, painted around to match?

Participant
    Participant

To wit: German WWII National & Naval Flags

Ooo, ta very much.

Now, where did I put me Microsol?

Obvious contrarian and passive aggressive old prat, who is taken far too seriously by some and not seriously enough by others.

Participant

The decals cost more than a ship !!!

Participant

I was charged with finding a solution, not necessarily an ECONOMICAL solution. GHQ are a quality producer but they are not cheap.

Participant

Pendraken have the same sheet for less, and without the stupid postage.

So whoever makes them it ain’t GHQ πŸ™‚

Participant

That is interesting, I didn’t know that Pendraken did the Nazi flags. Will they be small enough for 1/3000th ships though ? Let us know please.

I had planned on doing the Italian barber poles by hand – I managed some just about acceptable flight deck markings for Eagle so reckon I can do those. It will be a while before I get round to them though so age may have caught up with me by then.

Participant

Pendraken have the same sheet for less, and without the stupid postage. So whoever makes them it ain’t GHQ πŸ™‚

It may well be that they originate in Ruritania or wherever – we Americans take what we can get, and so if you can go to the source and not pay to have them shipped to the USA and then back again, god bless!

Participant

I’m late to this topic, but here is another possible solution:

https://www.flightdeckdecals2400.com

I'm lucky to be here
    With someone I like
    Who maketh my spirit to shine
    --Warren Zevon

Participant

I’m late to this topic, but here is another possible solution: https://www.flightdeckdecals2400.com

The 1/3000 German-carriers-that-never-happened decals certainly have possibilities. πŸ™‚

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.