Home Forums Horse and Musket 18th Century Kenilworth 2024 “Siege of Louisbourg 1747”

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Over the weekend we ran the 7th Kenilworth wargaming weekend and I ran Guy’s and my “siege of Louisbourg 1747” game.
    The first game started 0930 on Saturday Guy, Ken and Norman played the Scottish / French, Tim and Mark (USA) played the British.

Lots of back and forth action during the mornings’ action. Using fast play rules developed from Paul Robinson’s rule with adaptations by me, with event cards to enhance the game.

Figures were from Guy’s collection, mainly Crann Tara.
    I believed the game ran well and everybody had fun, the British had to deal with a Highland regiment mutiny.
    As the card was dealt but failed the dice roll to mutiny that turn but was enforced for 2 turns, so the British general sent them outside the walls on a no hope attack. As he did not trust them to fight for him.
    The French got several battalions inside the walls by 1230 so we were at a stage where the British were forced to accept terms of surrender, marching out with fixed bayonets and flags aloft.

A huge thank you for all the support from everyone over the weekend, the “Siege of Kenilworth 1747” game won “best of the show”.

Participant

Great looking game Willz and well done on your award:)!

Participant

Great looking game Willz and well done on your award:)!

Cheers Steve it was a fantastic weekend.   BTW are you going to the Cotswold gaming day.

Participant

Table booked and all being well, I’ll be there. Something mid-19thC and in the America’s is the plan…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.