Home Forums Horse and Musket General Horse and Musket Mexican-American War

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Mexican 4th Line Infantry, figures from Warrior:

'The time has come" The walrus said. "To talk of many things: Of shoes--and ships--and sealing-wax--Of cabbages--and kings--And why the sea is boiling hot--And whether pigs have wings."

Participant

Very nice! I’ve done the Mexican-American War in 28mm

Where there is fire, we will carry gasoline

Participant

Cheers. The plan was to do forces of a few units for each side but the more Mexicans I do the more I get interested, will-power will decide.

'The time has come" The walrus said. "To talk of many things: Of shoes--and ships--and sealing-wax--Of cabbages--and kings--And why the sea is boiling hot--And whether pigs have wings."

Participant

OMG they take me back about 25 years to when I had a large collection of these in 15mm. I also published a set of rules “A little more grape, Captain Bragg!” if anyone remembers them, together with a couple of articles for WI!

Participant

This is a conflict I had never heard of until a couple of years ago when I got The Chieftains ‘San Patricio’ CD.  I was surprised to find out through various posts in various places how many people had actually dabbled in it!

Participant

I do the MAW with Scruby 25mm–virtually 20mm by today’s standards.  I probably have too many–somewhere around 1500–but they sure do look nifty on the tabletop, especially the Mexicans. I painted them all in “toy soldier”-style (glossy, reasonable detail but not over-doing it), which suits the way Scruby sculpted his figures very well.  I’ve tried a number of different sets of rules, most recently Black Powder.  I prefer simpler rules with removal of casualties, though, so I’ll keep looking.  I might go back to Fields of Honor–they gave a pretty good game.

Participant

Chris, sounds amazing.  Any pics by any chance?

Participant

I too have a lot of Mexican American War stuff in 28mm. Most are 1rst Corps with a few Old Glory.

Presently painting some civilians at present.

Participant

Dave, no idea why this took so long to ask but anyhoo; what are Old Glory UK like to deal with?  Really interested in their ‘flying battery’ pack but haven’t dealt with them before.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.