Home Forums Sci Fi General Sci-Fi No Stars in Sight meets No End in Sight

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Thanks to the NWG birthday sale I am now the proud owner of the ‘No Stars in Sight’ rules, and I am thinking of combining the sci-fi with the modern to play a not ‘falling skies’ campaign.

To see what I have come up with for use of minis etc, please see my blog post: click me

Participant

Cool idea !!

Participant

The biggest problem with this kind of campaign, especially in 15mm, is narrowing down just which of all the amazing figures out there to use 🙂

Keep us posted!

Participant

I am still not 100% on which aliens to use, as Khurasan is yet to be fully opened, but I know I will use the ‘Intruders’ as the big boss aliens. Well, very close to the top of what appears on Earth anyway.

One of the best parts is that I can keep adding aliens to the game as I see fit, and not all of them need to be the enemy, which is something I overlooked when I made the blog post yesterday.

Participant

You can even have friendly aliens get involved along the way too 🙂

Participant

And Bigfoot !!! Just have them wander thru…

Participant

And Bigfoot !!! Just have them wander thru…

Find me a 15mm scale big foot mini and come up with a legit reason (lamo – for a sci-fi game with modern soldiers fighting aliens game) as to why he/she/it is in Australia and I will do it.

Hmm I wonder if anyone makes a 15mm Bunyip or Nargun, which would keep it within the Australian theme.

Edit:

Ok, I could use a Bigfoot as a Yowie, so if anyone makes one, I can justify using it.

The Nargun is a half human, half rock creature, so if this image I found is in 15mm, I can use it:

I believe these are Khurasan miniatures, but the web site is under maintenance, so I can’t confirm that, or the scale.

The bunyip might be harder to come up with – a swamp/water monster that has many different descriptions, but a swamp monster on all fours rather than bipedal could work.

Participant

Ok use an Oz animal, they don’t need a reason. Think about all the dead cows in Normandy,or the goats that show up in my games.

Participant

We were trying to keep the livestock out of the conversation actually 🙂

Wouldn’t some sort of poisonous lizardbeast fit pretty well for australia?

Participant

15mm live stock – who makes them? they would be useful as a scenario objective – the survivors need to eat after all.

A poisonous lizard beast would be perfect for a bunyip…

Participant

Again I can’t tell if they are suitable due to Khurasan’s site not being accessable, but this could be used as a bunyip:

I believe they are called ‘hellbenders’ from what I found in a google image search.

Participant

That’d be pretty perfect.

Are those 15mm scale?

I’ve used some of my kids plastic toys (bugs and dinosaurs) as beasties for 15mm before.

Participant

I believe they are 15mm – but designed to carry a howdah on its back, so it would be about the size of an elephant (?)

Museum Miniatures makes 15mm farm animals in their ‘equipment’ section.

Participant

I just discovered a film from last year called ‘Alien Outpost’ which is kind of where I am heading with this game idea.  I will have to watch it to borrow ideas.

Participant

I’ve had thoughts about some kind of “monster hunter” campaign setting for a while. You’re making me think.

Participant

I’ve had thoughts about some kind of “monster hunter” campaign setting for a while. You’re making me think.

As in hunting monsters, or a monster that hunts humans? Oddly enough whilst searching for Khurasan miniatures images I came across a not ‘predator’ just now.

Participant

The former since the latter is more common 🙂

A “Monster of the week” sort of deal maybe. Could be quite fun, and a bit silly.

Participant

There are plenty of really good miniatures on the market to use for a game like that – both in 28 and 15mm.

Next thoughts for the topic for my game idea… buildings. Do I use buildings that are in good condition, or go for the post apoc look with ruined buildings everywhere, or the shanty town look? A mix of all?

Participant

I’m not familiar with Falling Skies but I would be really tempted to go for a modern, urban look with intact buildings and whatnot, to drive home the “fighting here and now, today, in your backyard” feel.

Participant

That works for me, as then I can use it for ‘normal’ games as well as zombie games… that way I get maximum use of figures and scenery.

Speaking of zombies – I should email you about that to continue from what I sent you last year.

Participant

yeah, being able to reuse terrain is a big deal.

And go for it, you have my email 🙂

Participant

Love  when I  spread the silliness  !!!!!

Participant

Love when I spread the silliness !!!!!

Until you come up with the goods on a 15mm Bigfoot, you haven’t done a thing

Participant

Snort…..Zombies….Aliens……Bigfoot…..my work here is done.

Participant

Hi Shelldrake. Those ‘rock men’ are indeed from Khurasan.

Black Hat Miniatures have “wookies” with primitive weapons. (They’re called something else of course) They might prove usable as yowies.

Plenty of domestic livestock from varioussources. Locally Irregular (from Nic at Eureka) have a range and Micks Miniature Metals have Peter Pig who have several sets.

Another place to take a look at is Splintered Light Miniatures, who have quite a range of wildlife, including some nice big Komodo Dragons, which make for oversized goannas.

I’ve also got a pack of Gobbledocks…..

Participant

Thankst Etranger – I will check out what Nic has for sale the next time I drop in… which will hopefully be to buy some Bushmasters (and maybe some ASLAVs if the stars are aligned the right way).

Thanks for the heads up on Splintered Light Minis – those komodo dragons could do the job, and I suspect a lot smaller and cheaper than the giant ones from Khurasan.

I have no need for gobbledocks at the moment, as we have chips in the house, and would like it to remain that way

Participant

Now I’m on a proper computer and not the phone I can post some pictures.

A Komono dragon, painted as a large Perentje lizard….

Black Hats ‘yetis’

Chippees!

Participant

Yetis = Bigfoot. I rest my case.

Participant

Yetis = Bigfoot. I rest my case.

Yes, yes… but where are your examples of 15mm bigfoots (bigfeets?) 

Participant

Damn Dude…I am famous for not knowing how to post pics or give links.

Participant

Chippees!

Wow – they really do look like the gobbledock!

Participant

Copplestone snow trolls as yetis or sasquatch?

http://www.copplestonecastings.co.uk/range.php?range=FM

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.