Home Forums Sci Fi General Sci-Fi Star Wars Imperial Assault – figures and terrain finished!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I brought this board game maybe back in 2015 and this year I made a concentrated effort to
    paint all the figures* this year, so I could play with painted figures.

The figures are mostly the FFG figures with a few WOTC added, as well as a few basic conversions, such as head swaps or the arms were re-positioned. I repainted the WOTC figures as the painting was rough in places and there were some mold lines which bugged me.
    (*except 2 stormtroopers which I replaced with WOTC figures)

I tried the solo game using the online app but I decided it was kind of naff without any 3D terrain features, so I went through all the tiles to figure out what I needed to make. The terrain pieces are a mix of 3D prints, and scratchbuilt, or a combination of both.

So here they are. Its not often I can say a project is finished so I am very happy to knock these off. Now I should start on my SW legion stuff!

WIP of some of the terrain

Finished terrain

SW figures

Bad guys

Good guys and neutral guys

Any questions or comments, let me know.

Cheers
    Kieran

My 6mm Wargaming site https://6mm.wargaming.info

Participant

I started painting my brother’s IA figures a while back and have a bunch of them half finished. I just can’t be bothered to finish them at all because I will end up having to give them back. But I won’t buy the game, as I don’t want to get into a new miniatures game that requires specific figures.

Participant

Your collection is looking great!  Should feel good to get that all complete and ready to play.

Say, is there a scale difference between IA and the newer game?

"I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can do it..."

Participant

Say, is there a scale difference between IA and the newer game?

Yes the Legion figures are noticeably bigger, although for some types you can get away with it.

My 6mm Wargaming site https://6mm.wargaming.info

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.