Home Forums Horse and Musket Napoleonic The French cavalry Charge at Waterloo – A Black Powder AAR

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

An AAR of a game played out a few days ago based upon Neys’ cavalry charge at Waterloo:

http://wwiiwargaming.blogspot.co.uk/2015/07/the-french-cavalry-charge-at-waterloo.html

I must admit that I’m now a Napoleonics convert. This is in large part due to the nice scenarios that Dave has come up with plus the gentlemanly manner in which he plays. Looking back at my club days, the experience would have been somewhat different shall we say

ooooh slippery slope there dude!

Participant

Too true Michael, too true…

Participant

Another nice game, of the size that a lot of wargamers could manage at home. I like these reports and increasingly Black Powder looks like it does the job.

Participant

Good to see limbers provided for the guns – I wish I could manage such attention to detail!

http://sparkerswargames.blogspot.com.au/
    'Blessed are the peacekeepers, for they shall need to be well 'ard'
    Matthew 5:9

Participant

Once again I’m glad you like the reports Norm. Given the time we have available, these are fairly simple set ups so that we can finish in an evening. Given more time I would add more scenery to the table to make it look nicer, but then that’s just me. We do not all have large dedicated gaming rooms and storage for our minis etc, so nice to think that at least our games have struck a chord.

Sparker, it is nice to have limbers on the table. Generally I do away with them due to cost (tight fisted git that I am) and the fact that I hate painting horses!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.