Home Forums General General What period do you do in the most scales?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Participant

As the title says: What gaming period do you do in the most scales?

Fantasy and scifi count as a period here.

Note that it needs to be scales within the same area (land/air/sea/space)). Obviously your skirmish infantry games and naval battles are different scales (or are they??) so that doesn’t count ๐Ÿ™‚

Participant

WW2 Land: 6mm, 15mm and 28mm. Not impossible that 20mm and 54mm will be added to that.

Participant

Science Fiction: 3mm, 6mm, 12mm, 15mm, 28mm.

Participant

WW2 Land – 2mm, 3mm, 6mm, 10mm, 15mm, 20mm, 28mm

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Participant

WW1, 6,15 and 20mm. Until last year it would have been WW2,, but I sold or gave away most of my 20mm and 54mm WW2 stuff,, leaving just 6 and 15mm. I do have a few 20s left for nostalgia sake.

At some point I’ll rationalise WW1 down to just 6mm and 15mm as well.

"Mistakes in the initial deployment cannot be rectified" - Helmuth von Moltke

Keymaster

I generally only do 1 period and scale/size at any given time.
    However like some sort of deranged oddball I am doing fantasy in both 12mm and 28mm…
    Same rules of course, lets not get too carried away.

Participant

I think I may be an outlier here- every single period I do is in one scale only- 25-28mm/1:56. I point-plank refuse to consider any other scale of figure. My interests are pretty simple, though.

• Late Dark Ages/Early Medieval (so basically from about 900 AD to 1250-ish AD) which can also be used for Fantasy
    • Fantasy
    • Colonial (1879-ish NW Frontier)
    • Early 20th Century, so from the Boxer Rebellion & Anglo-Boer War to the end of WW2 (Bolt Action), which all feeds into:
    • Alternate History/Sci-Fi (VBCW or 1946/Operation Unthinkable)

http://mainly28s.com
    wargames review site...

Participant

Napoleonics. 2, 6, 15 and 28mm. Plus some in between…

Obvious contrarian and passive aggressive old prat, who is taken far too seriously by some and not seriously enough by others.

Participant

Depends on what you classify as a ‘Period’. Mostly I do a single scale/size for a period but some of the rules I use stretch over a few centuries and overlap others timewise. Not sure I’d agree with ‘Colonial’ being a period – I hardly see Conquistadors & Zulu or Boer Wars as the same period.

Even with that I doubt I do any in more than 2 scales/sizes.

WW2 in 3mm (1 base = company) & VBCW in 20mm (1 base = section)

I have a Pirate/Buccaneer/Cimarron force in 10mm for Irregular Wars rules (used for anything around the Caribbean 1600-1800) and a 1: 1 skirmish collection in 28mm. Very different games.

Zulu Wars in 6mm & Conquistadors/Mesoamericans & early Colonial Americas/First Nations in 10mm (Irregular Wars again).

Participant

I was going to say WW2 land with 6mm, 20mm and 54mm but realise I have small collections of SF land stuff in 6mm, 15mm, 20mm and 28mm.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.